Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm leavin' on a jet plane...

However, unlike the song, I know when I'll be comin' back again.

I'm about to take off for beautiful San Diego. What did Will Ferril say San Diego was named after? Probably something inappropriate for this blog anyways.

I'm very appreciative of all the texts, emails, and Facebook messages I have received from family and friends lately. You all have been a solid support system. I will encourage you to continue to send the messages as the hours and miles on the bike increase.

Again, we will be leaving San Diego this Sunday for the first leg of our adventure. Please keep the Beautiful Gate kids and communities in your thoughts, because they are wicked cool. Yes, wicked cool!

Peace.

3 comments:

Arthur said...

Best of luck Brad. I did a x-country ride in 2006 and I can say without a doubt it was the best experience of my life. A full renewing of faith in humanity. We rode San Fran to Atlantic City, NJ and every day was amazing. It's great you are doing it for a cause; I didn't have that foresight and just rode to ride but it was worth it. My advice is that every day is its own journey and that the miles will melt away. As for your weight loss, my experience was that I lost some 20lbs over the first 25 days (which brought me down to like 130) and gained most of it back by the end (53 days). It was just all redistributed to my thighs!!!! lol.

Best,
Arthur GU '10.

Brad Wilkin said...

Hey Arther, if you get a chance, can you text me your phone number? I would love to talk to you about your trip and get some first hand advice.
Hope you're well post L-school.
Brad 913-302-4902

Unknown said...

hello, i met u with my son on sunday i pray your journey is amazing we are rolling from your blog, i pray god uses u guys strongly to testifie his love 2 everyone you meet! god bless friend!