Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Do as I say, Bike!

Today was packing day, which means the bike had to find a new home in a cardboard box in order to fly to San Diego with me.

My bike apparently is, much like myself, stubborn. I had a heck of time attempting to get the pedals off. My huge muscles failed me this time.

Therefore I traveled to my favorite bike shop, Bicycle Doctor! Just what the Doctor ordered. Here's a picture of them also wrenching to get the pedals off. After letting some WD40 soak in, they were finally able to pry the pedals off. My bike mechanic friend JD also hooked me up with some much needed proper bike packing supplies.

The second picture is my bike all packed up. I hope it makes it to San Diego safely!

Guess what??!!? I leave for San Diego TOMORROW!

Thanks everyone for your continued support! Please continue to think about the amazing children at Beautiful Gate!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Your expedition makes me happy. Very exciting--can't wait for more updates!

Ryan Borger said...

no wonder we couldn't get those dang pedals off...soaking in WD-40.