Sunday, October 3, 2010

Days 7 and 8: Tucson and Tucson and Rest and Relaxation

Day 7 and 8: October 2 and 3

Jacques and I have been getting some much needed rest this weekend. Brittany's aunt Shannon and uncle Mike live just outside Tucson in Oro Valley. It's a beautiful area and we have seen many recreational bicyclists enjoying their leisurely rides around town. I can no longer relate to these bikers without their trailers, panniers, and sore bottoms.




Shannon and Mike have been wonderful at providing us some home cooked meals: spaghetti, pancakes, eggs, cheesburgers, and cookies. As luck would have it, they also have a salt water pool full of sharks. I lied again. Sorry. No sharks, but they actually do have an amazing pool.

Shannon has also done some crazy bike trips in the past, and she's provided helpful nutrition and riding tips. Part of her advice was to go get old women seats, a step down from beach cruiser seats, so we did that this morning. We also put thorn resistant tubes in our tires and Shannon donated a bomb proof tire to our cause.

In other news, Jacques has decided to ditch his bob trailer. The bob trailers are like our disobedient children, and Jacques has decided to send his to boarding school. I, apparently a more patient parent, have decided to stick with Bob a little longer.

We're about to take a look see around Tucson, and perhaps ask the college students why they don't pronounce the hard "c" in Tucson. Jacques and I have gotten used to calling this city Tux-son, and will continue to do so for all eternity.

Tomorrow, we're headed to Willcox, AZ. We are hoping to call some hotels to see if they are willing to donate a room to I Ride You Give They Live, and therefore take a business tax deduction. At least I learned a little something in law school. (Unless this is unsound advice, and then I may have learned nothing).

pictures: I searched the internet for "Tucson" and have included images of my results.




2 comments:

"M" said...

Oh, beautiful Tucson. I'm jealous.

Faye said...

I soo wish I was on this trip, sounds like too much fun (I mean, you are like the funniest person I know). I am working on getting the CO PD job...it could be sweeeeeeet